Wednesday, July 10, 2013

Bridgetown

Bridgetown is just good vibes.

Firstly, we got some parking, and we walked to Independence Square. Some of the people sitting in the square looked at me all funny, taking pictures like a tourist. Well technically I am lol.

Independence Arc...well part of it

Even saw a statue of Errol Barrow, who was the first Prime Minister of Barbados #HistoricVibes

Statue of Errol Barrow, the first PM of Barbados
I saw a SIPS truck as I entered the city. SIPS makes one of the best milkshakes I've ever tasted with Dutch chocolate ice-cream, coffee, almonds and milk. I was this close to buying one, but since they come to my workplace to sell, I decided I would just buy another one then. One thing that struck me about Bridgetown is how clean it is. I was kinda amazed for a few minutes. Of course I walked on the Boardwalk, which I hear there will be steel pan performances this Saturday #TriniVibes

Somehow the boardwalk gives the city a very international feel
We walked through Cave Sheppard which has a lot of international brand items on sale such as Mac Cosmetics and Aeropostale shoes, all priced in US dollars and could have been purchased duty free (some stores) if you had your passport and plane ticket. Then we walked down Swan Street (which has a lot of history too), and did a little shopping there.

Swan Street
Swan Street seemed to be a street strictly for pedestrians, which i appreciated. I was told that cars would only drive there if there is some sort of delivery. DaCosta Mall wasn't to far away, and I had an epic lunch of split pea rice, scalloped potatoes and stewed chicken. It was so delicious and the Bajan lady there was so friendly, and she engaged me in a little conversation even #InterpersonalVibes.

After palancing through Bridgetown, we drove to the outskirts and I saw Carlisle Bay that had a lot of activities going on, and as we neared home, we stopped at Miami Beach for a bit.

Miami Beach

Later in the evening, we went to New Century Chinese Restaurant and Bar for dinner. The food was awesome too =)

Monday afternoon, Barbados was under storm watch, and my co-workers and I were hoping for a few days off. Work ended at 3:30 that afternoon and we were allowed to go home. Tropical storm Chantal was expected to make land fall in Barbados at midnight. And indeed it did rain most of Tuesday. Fortunately no flooding or major damage was reported. I enjoyed my day at home; slept a lot, watched some shows, read some books (reading five books at once) and slept some more. #RelaxDayRainyDayVibes

This weekend would be steel pan weekend for me, whether it's Pun De Sand on In De City.

But we'd see #PanVibes


2 comments:

  1. all kinda 'vibes' in this post! :P I wish I could be at that beach now.

    ReplyDelete