Tuesday, June 11, 2013

Barbados Day 6

Day 6 was an interesting day I must say.

It went really well and really off during the day. I think I should talk about the negative aspect of it first, before I end with the positive because right now, my day is going great =)

So my day started to go downhill when I started to feel sleepy at work. I barely got sleep last night, and I knew that contributed to my sleepiness at work today. I really couldn't function properly and think straight, and I just wanted to sleep. Previously, I had asked someone I know from Barbados to show me where to take the bus and to accompany me if possible. I asked my guardians if I can, and they told me they wanted me to settle in for a few more weeks, and my parents also said HELL no. My guardians themselves have also admitted they have not used the bus in a while. So when I told my acquaintance I couldn't do it, he got really annoyed at me, but I can't go against my guardian's wishes. He said that he's a friend and not a stranger, but yes even though we spoke via the internet and sometimes via telephone, I hardly spoke with him in person. I was so annoyed he reacted that way, and like my dad said, he's aware of my situation, and should have been more understanding. Therefore, my parents have a right to say no, and my guardians have a right to be cautious. I got even more sleepy later in the day, and I started to feel really hungry, and when I left work I felt much better (nothing against the job though lol).

So I'mma end with the positive vibes, man *Jamaican accent*. I got up at 4:30am, and did 2 Tiffany Rothe workouts (thanks Rochelle!), and I was all happy when I got to work. Outside my workplace, I discovered that there were fruits on sale, freshly squeezed juices, sandwiches, and affordable lunches! At work, getting to know my three Bajans and the St.Lucian is getting more interesting; one plays mas every year in Barbados and Trinidad! lol. After work, we went to Sheraton, I bought an interesting lentil rice (delish), salad (okay), garlic bread (delish) and stewed dolphin (delish). You probably thinking :OOOOOO DOLPHIN? But I was assured its not the kind that is most popular. And right now, I'm watching the Wendy Williams show with good company, and taking a rest shortly, cause I'm so tired.

Paradise isn't all sunshine, some days you have to experience the rain, and I believe that is what makes you a stronger person =) Congrats to my sis for completing all her exams (and for gloating that she's eating a KFC chicken breast).

2 comments:

  1. I was freaking out when you said dolphin. Lol! Thanks for the clarification. I hope you have a great day tomorrow. :)

    ReplyDelete