Friday, June 7, 2013

Barbados: Days 1 and 2

Right now I'm in Barbados for a compulsory internship. A couple of my friends suggested I do a blog about it, so I decided I would.

I arrived in this beautiful place 6:40am. It was interesting to see Stern John and Dennis Lawrence on the flight. My dad and I left the airport around 7am and drove to Oistins. It's cool that the first place we drove to from the airport in the parish of Christchurch, is the place I wanted to see the most. In Oistins, they have a fish fry every night, and I heard its good times, with good music, excellent food, and friendly people. Who wouldn't want to attend a combo of that sort? I remember Mr Als telling me of the times he had there ^_^

I saw where I was living eventually and was pleased to see that it was near Oistins and near the famous Miami Beach. I later visited Colony Club for the most of the day. The accommodation facility is really nice, and has a very Greek feel towards it. It's perfect if you want to be involved in water-based activities for most of the time.

Mrs. Morris picked me up at Colony Cove and she took me to Sheraton Plaza to get some supplies. I remember walking to a restaurant in the food court that sold Trinidadian and Guyanese cuisine. I observed they had roti, and when I saw the channa I was like O.O It looked like it was poured straight from the can into the serving dish. The fun part was that they sold doubles...that was funny for me. I got back to where I was staying by 7pm, and I unpacked and put away all of my belongings. Afterward, I sat and spoke to the people I'm staying with: Mr and Mrs Morris.

The second day, my dad picked me up and took me to the supermarket. The food here is expensive compared to back in Trinidad and Tobago. I bought a roti at the deli in the supermarket, and it was okay, although the roti skin had more of a sada texture. An acquaintance of mine asked to take me around, but my parents nor Mrs Morris liked the idea, so hopefully another time. I basically stayed at my new home for most of the day, doing nothing of interest in particular.

I still have my Ins and Outs of Barbados 2013 magazine to explore :) 

2 comments: