Monday, June 10, 2013

Barbados Days 3, 4 and 5

On Friday night, I received my first meal from the popular fish fry spot in Oistins. It was DEE-LISH-SHUSH!!! The best tasting meal I've had in Barbados thus far. It was mashed potatoes, all cheesy and delicious and soft, with cole slaw, 2 pieces of fried cassava and finally, succulent grilled fish. It was divine! ^_^

Saturday was a busier day. I went to Sheraton to purchase a Digicel cell phone, since for some strange reason, the SIM card that I purchased was not working in my regular cell phone. Afterward, I went to the hairdresser, and by the time I was finished there with Erica, there were only a few hours left in the day. My dad said he wanted to take us all to dinner, and around 8pm, we headed to the West Coast, and we had dinner at a sports bar/restaurant called The Lucky Horeshoe.

It was clear we all wanted to engage in some cool conversation, but the music was so loud, we could have barely done that, to my amusement. But I was introduced to some sweet Bajan music :D The food at that restaurant wasn't too bad. Afterward, we drove through Bridgetown and it was indeed an amazing sight at night. Can't wait to stroll those streets!

Sunday I visited a residential area called Leslie Gardens, and afterward, did a brief stroll through Farley Hill, which was cool, gorgeous and green. The view from Farley Hill from the East Coast is spectacular! Afterward I relaxed for the rest of the evening, doing nothing in particular.

Monday was the beginning of my internship, and to be honest, I was wary of working in HR. In a previous experience, all I had to do was file, and it was boring and rather draining. Thankfully, the HR Department here is way more than that and I would definitely be able to use my skills and knowledge of tourism in this department. Hopefully I can mix it up a little with other departments. So far the first day was great, and I'm determined by the end of the week to be friends with the other four interns who are here. I feel its with and through them, my Barbados experience can be even better!

4 comments:

  1. Where are the other interns from? And get off FB at work :D

    ReplyDelete
  2. One is from Barbados, one from the Bahamas, St.Lucia, and I hadda ask the other 1 tomorrow lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. love ur blog...u should prettify it if u can =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. lol thanks ya. Um, I realized I can, while I was reading a health blog, so I'd try to put a background as well as add some pictures =)

    ReplyDelete