Saturday, June 22, 2013

Lime Grove

Ah yes, the second week comes to a close. I'm kinda relieved since I'm closer to going back to Trinidad but at the same time I'm saying WAIT! hold up time! Got the rest of Bim to explore. But of course time says, you're joking right? -_-

This week was a tad weird for me. I started to feel a bit homesick, and all I could have thought about really was my family, friends and Trini food: pelau, curry, callaloo and the like. I even miss Trini KFC, which to me is so much better. But then I also had my good times with my interns and just interacting with the family I'm staying with about history, general world issues (especially the Brazil protests) and celebrity news (got used to the name North 'Nori' West). My intern peeps are cool too. One finished this Friday, one mastered my accent (lol I would master the Bajan accent), one started gym and the other just finished watching Scandal and is about to start Game of Thrones :D

So today, we went to Lime Grove, which in essence is an upscale mall and cinema catered directly to affluent visitors. At this mall, you'd find brand name stores like Louis Vuitton and Mac, and gourmet dessert stores and coffee shops. It's like a plaza, with a very European feel, and it has a very romantic type of atmosphere. Since I was going to see 'Man of Steel' at the cinema there, I daydreamed for a minute or two of me and the ever gorgeous Henry Cavill strolling through this cool place. *sighh*

                                                                **swoons**

                                                 (First view when I entered the Lime Grove)

The cinema to me is really posh. The seating is all leather, there's a lot of room, there's a buzzer on your table to call a waiter to bring you something to eat on the menu, there's a security buzzer too. On the menu there's wine, and beer, and burgers and fries, and other junk foods. It reminded me of IMAX Trinidad =) but there is way better in terms of ambiance. Man of Steel was a good movie for me overall, but it was good for me mostly 'cause of Henry Cavill ;)

But whenever you're coming to Bim, ensure you go to Lime Grove, whether its just to stroll, take in a movie, or purchase way overpriced goods =)
                                                          (View from the cinema balcony)

(View of the courtyard)

Barbados is just vibes so far yes =) It has its ups and downs, but it has mostly been great so far!

5 comments:

  1. How much was thee ticket? and homesick after 2 weeks? Weak.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mell yeah yeah whatever lol. I'm sure you felt that way when you left home for the first time! It cost $30BD for a regular 2D movie.
    Elle yes you should be :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Noooooo, I was so happy to tell SK to kiss my ass. Still am!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well I definitely don't feel that way about Trinidad, lol.

    ReplyDelete